Sunday, May 6, 2012

DLC or Game of the Year Edition

    Weather your a hardcore gamer or the infrequent achiever you are still a person with bills outside of gaming. When it comes down to extra features there are three type of people. People who need them immediately, people who will get them when the price is right, and people who just don’t care. This article is for the first two choices of people. As far as who I am, I’m a mix of the first two. I need the extras (or at least I think I do), but I also know I have a responsibility for my bills.
    Now let me saw a few words about Batman: Arkham City.  Arkham City is hands down the best game for XBOX 360 I have ever played. I know people’s styles for games are different and for the record I have only played about 30 games on my XBOX 360. I work hard for my 40 hours a week of minimum wage and want to spend what little bit of money I have for myself  in a most awesome manner. So when I buy a game for XBOX 360 I buy a game that cost a lot of money to make. I want great graphics and most importantly I want the character’s mouths to move when they talk. Yes that still happens when companies cheap out and it’s a disgrace to modern gaming and technology in general
    So when it came time to buy Batman Arkham City I had two options. I could preorder and get additional content or just buy the game whenever I could raise up enough cash with no guarantee of ever being able to the cool extra content. This brought back bad memories of not getting the solid gold proton pack in Ghostbusters: The Video Game for XBOX 360. When it came time to preorder though, different places offered different “exclusive” content. So which content did I want more? I was torn. I even started to dislike some stores for not even offering the content. I lucked out and bought a leftover disc from the preorder sets and got the Catwoman Pack, Robin Bundle Pack, Challenge Map Pack and Batman: Year One movie download. How did I get that lucky? Maybe fate. 
    When I got Batman Arkham City I spent hours a day playing and leveling up. Once I completed the game I was stoaked. I had hung in there and completed the story levels. Now here comes the hard part. I would dedicate hours per day completing the side missions and trying to get as many achievements as possible. How could I possibly have more fun with this game? Extra content could give me hours of more enjoyment and additional achievements to pursue. The “exclusive” content I had received with the game was now available for download with a Microsoft Points Card along with other marvelous options for taking my gaming experience even further. I bought most but not all and craved for more. Each bit of DLC took me further into the game. The different Batman Skins even took me away from the game a little with a fantasy within a fantasy adventure.
    Just recently I got word of more content that will be available with Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition. The main spark of interest in my eye is the Harley Quinn's Revenge that features more than two hours of content. That means more levels for me to serve up hot plates of fiery justice as Batman. So as my options would now be to buy the game all over again and have my fun from the very beginning or just purchase the additional content I have missed and am waiting on. It’s probably better for my finances if I just buy the DLC that I’ve missed. Either way I have to have it. I need to be drawn back into a world where I can forget my troubles of real life for a while again.
    Summer is here and finals from school are over with. It’s time to get lost into another world. I’m definitely purchasing the DLC Harley Quinn's Revenge for Batman: Arkham City which is scheduled to be released on 5/29/2012. I will have my Microsoft XBOX Live 1600 Points Card ready and waiting for the new DLC. So if you haven’t played Batman: Arkham City then now would be the perfect time to rent Batman: Arkham City and get your skills up to prepare for the awesome release of the Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment