Thursday, May 3, 2012

Car Won't Pass Inspection With Nitro Blue Headlights

Today my 1999 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible was taken into inspection for renewal of my auto tags. Everything passed except I was told to get "factory headlights". In my opinion that is an inadequate request. These headlights are perfectly stock. The headlight bulb is a 9007 just as a stock headlight bulb is. The light itself happens to emit light at the 6000K range. So I ask what is the legal spectrum of light to be in? There once may have been a time for a "rule of thumb law" but now with modern technology I think it's time we as a nation got a bit more specific. The annoying blue headlights you see in certain cars in traffic are not 6000K. But I wasn't going to argue. Lucky for me I know the procedure for changing the headlights and happen to have kept my old headlights just in case I had a blow out on one of them. The old lights are Silverstar Ultra's. So why did I switch in the first place? Style. Either way the dice was gonna fall on me changing them so I decided to make a video and post it on youtube. Here is the link http://youtu.be/5oD0hc3o8v4

No comments:

Post a Comment